Sunday, March 16, 2014

Saying Good-bye....

In 24 hours we'll be boarding the plane to return home. It has gone quickly and we've tried to savor every moment. Sophia is more eager to go home than sad and I think I'm more sad to leave than eager to return.


Since our schedule has been a different place / people every day, this past week has been a set of good bye's EVERY DAY. It's a bit draining for us both, though I think I'm more able to "manage" it than Sophia is. On Friday night she said, "Can't we just go home NOW?" And I said, "Well, don't you want to see your friends Enya and Nickolas tomorrow?" Sophia: "YES of course!" She's been on a roller coaster of happy to see people one more time followed by "GOOD BYE!"


Tomorrow is our last full day here:
We'll go to a favorite place for lunch - right on the beach with fabulous view of Table Mountain. Then we'll make one last visit to Miracle Kids (safe house with 13 children including a 10 year old girl whose become a good friend to Sophia and a newborn with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome). We'll take a bunch of donations to them and spend a few hours there. Then we'll stop downtown Cape Town (at the Waterfront) for some last minute shopping, before heading home to finish packing.
Our last dinner here will be home made pizza's with Angie (our host and friend here) before going to the airport for our midnight flight.


We're due to arrive in Boston, Tuesday night late. Will spend Wednesday home together as a family. Then Sophia is back to school on Thursday~! I have a couple weeks to be home before returning to the church.


I don't know when I'll post here next, so for now, this is another "good-bye" for me.
Sigh.... and (for many of you) see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment